Atlas Mountains Half Day Trek From Marrakech
VALLEY AND VILLAGES ATLAS MOUNTAINS
Move to the grand Atlas Mountains and enjoy a half-day trip from Marrakech. Walk with a local guide past Berber villages toward waterfalls and Toubkal National Park, explore wonderful Berber houses, meet local inhabitants as a guest, and nip a cup of tea with local herbs.
About half day trek
Highlights: Marrakech to atlas mountains day trip
- Drive from Marrakech to Imlil to relish the view of the high Atlas Mountains range.
- Take a camel ride and enjoying the sights of Nature.
- Revel a cultured tea at a Berber house in the Atlas Mountains.
- Hike to the waterfalls and Around Berber village, and relish seeing the fantastic view of the valley and Toubkal Kasbah.
- Get a delicious Tagine, served at a Berber household.
- Get a Chance to visit a Berber weekly market (Every Saturday or Tuesday).
Itinerary of atlas Mountains day trip from Marrakech
Your half-day trek to atlas mountains will commence after meeting you at your Marrakech hotel. Start to drive through el Haouz plain toward Tahanaout.
The first stop will be at co-op Argan Oil for Free breakfast (Tea, olives, and bread), including knowledge about Argan, which is a famous product in morocco. After a short visit, take some memorable photos and enjoy the view of snow-capped peaks with a vast range of atlas mountains.
Keep driving to Asni for a great exploring of the Berber weekly market, where the most population of the atlas mountains came to shop and meet for one day a week.
From here, drive to Imlil, where you have a hike through Berber villages walking up to the waterfalls, then to Aroumd, one of the largest villages; the latter allows you a striking view of Toubkal Mount (4167M).
Follow your guide to the local house where the Berber family is waiting to serve a delicious lunch with tea before you leave back to Marrakech.
At the end of the journey to atlas mountains, our driver will drop you off at your Hotel/Riad in Marrakech.
Atlas Mountains trip Includes:
- Good walking shoes required for this half day tour.
- The lunch will be served by local family.
- The Camel Ride is optional with additionnal coast (5 Euro P/P).
Complimentary pick-up from any hotel or location in Marrakech. Pickup time will be within 10 minutes before the start time.
- Guests with back or neck pain, heart problems, or other serious medical conditions
- Pregnant women (more than 5 Months)